Friday, February 19, 2010

Can you go back home again?

It's almost funny how things come full circle. How old stomping grounds become new. How forgotten memories come flooding back it's almost scary. How old friends become new neighbors. How time and distance doesn't change much between good friends.

My parents moved again last week. It's been a hell of a year for moving. We should be pros at it by now, but I don't think it quite works that way. They moved back to North Dakota. Back to the ranch that we first lived on when we first moved to North Dakota. I was in first grade. My little sister celebrated her first birthday there. Even though we moved from that particular ranch a few years later, it was just fifteen miles up the road and it was the same community, same friends. It's the community that my sisters and I grew up in. The friends we grew up with. The school we graduated from. Which, is now closed. We may have moved from there for a few years, but we never left our friends or community. We would go back for weddings. For rodeos. For parties. And now I will go back for a whole lot more. Brandings. Christmas. Or just to get away for the weekend.

It's exciting. It's weird. It's crazy. But I am sure it's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment