Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Beauty Swap

I seem to be suffering a little bit from the winter blues.  I blame Mother Nature and the fact she keeps throwing extremely extreme cold temps our way with out any forgiveness.  When I noticed that Crystal Cattle and Cowgirl Crush were teaming up for a beauty Swap I signed up thinking it would be fun and get my mind off of our freezing temps.

Some of my friends shook their head and were confused, me and a beauty swap??  Didn't seem like something for me.  I agree, I am not the biggest makeup user, but I like to learn and try new things.  Though I'm not huge makeup wearer, theres something about painted toenails (that no one sees but me) and mascara that can lift my spirits and turn an attitude around.  That being said, I am not going to admit how old I was before I was able to properly apply and wear mascara!

I was team up with Jenn, from New Mexico.  It was fun getting to know her through email and what we did and didn't have in common.  She sent me a fun box with products that I was interested in, products I hadn't heard of and things I never seem to buy for myself.



Through our correspondence, Jenn and I learned about products we like to try, need and want.  She sent me two different pore minimizers that I am excited to try.  Having kids really messed up my complexion and pores being one way.  She sent me 'The Pore fessional' and Maybeline's Baby Skin.  I have started using the Maybeline Baby Skin, and love the way it feels on my skin.  

Also included was some fun vibrant colored nail polish and lip gloss!  After doing my toes the other night, I hid the polish from my oldest daughter as she was on the prowl to steal it!  It's fun and I can't wait to use it for when I head to Mexico next month.

Some Garnier Fructis Glossing Spray was included in my goody box also.  I used it last night before we headed out to the basketball tournament.  Where has it been all my life?  Loved the results.

Rounding out my goody box was 3 different makeup brushes.  Score!! I received an eyeshadow brush, defining eye brush and a brow brush.  I was in need of new brushes.  I often wonder why it's so hard for me to buy new makeup brushes.  

I had so much fun with this Beauty Swap.  I enjoyed shopping for Jenn, researching different things and getting excited to send it her way.  Thanks Crystal Cattle and Cowgirl Crush for letting me participate and can't to wait for any future swaps.  



3 comments:

  1. I really, really need to buy new make-up brushes too! I don't know why I can never remember to. Did you like the Pore Professional Pore Minimizer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! It shouldn't be that hard to buy new brushes. This morning was the third time I have have the Pore Professional. So far I really really like. It's not greasy feeling on the skin nor does it feel heavy at all.

      Delete
  2. I tried a sample of the benefit pore minimizer and thought it was pretty good. Those nail polishes look so cute. I hope you have a fantastic time on your vacation. We are headed to Punta Cana in May! I am so glad you took part in the beauty swap!
    www.crystalcattle.com

    ReplyDelete