Wednesday, November 18, 2009

To Soon. To Sudden.

We lost a great man today. Our friends lost a great dad and husband today. The Ag Community lost a great rancher today. My grandpa lost a wonderful neighbor today. It was all to soon. It was all to sudden.
When I called to tell my dad he was quiet and said "He was only 3 years older than me."
My prayers and hugs and thoughts go out to this man's family. We lost alot today, but God gained a wonderful Guardian Angel today.


A COWBOYS LAST REQUEST"
By Terry Ike Clanton
6-15-00 copyright 2000

Let me tell you folks
Who have gathered here today
That I'm a proud and thankful cowboy
Who has just passed away

I know it's hard
But, please don't cry
Fer I'm now ridin' Gods trails
High up in the sky

The hoss I'm ridin' now
Don't spook, buck or kick
Fer God stables perfect horses
And now I have my pick

Lord, please forgive me of all my sins
Fer I haven't been perfect
But I know that he who believes in You
Forever wins!

I have lived a good life
A cowboys dream come true
Thank You Lord,
Fer I'm now ready to ride into eternity
Me, my horse, and You

No comments:

Post a Comment