Monday, November 9, 2009

It's No Different In November than July



It's no different in November than it is in July. Hayin' that is. Big D came trudging home and was makin himself a sandwich at about 2:30 this morning. He had spent all night baling. Just like the hayin' crew does in July. But this years weather has been so willy-nilly, its crazy. I guess that's why we are haying in November. I heard the neighbors calves a'bawling this morning. They must have been getting ready to ship the calves or at least just wean. It was a comforting sound. A nostalgic sound. A 'life doesn't get any better than this' sound on a cool crisp morning. But like the last few years I didn't get to enjoy any of it. I was running late for work and I hadn't even gotten T loaded into the pickup. So I strapped her in, and myself and off we were. Me, feeling sorry for myself because I have to go to town and work and not help the neighbors, and T singing Old McDonald.



Picture Of Dad's Calves at Branding Time

No comments:

Post a Comment