Thursday, May 26, 2011

Time Flies...

I knew it had been a little bit since I have had time to post, but I didn't realize it had been quite this long.  Sorry.  Things have been hectic around here.  Baby Tenley got sick with RSV and pneamonia and we have a two night stay in the hospital, followed up with a week of treatments at home.  Mother Nature is up to her same tricks, and its been quite the test on patience to try and get seeding done, calves worked and just about anything done outside.  I don't even have my garden in yet!  And since the weather was so icky, the girls and I loaded up and headed south to my parents for a few days.  It was so cold while I was at their house, that dad even snuck in the house the day we were branding and put his long johns on!!  That's right, on the 13th of May he was wearing his long johns.  And truth be told, I was wishing for a pair myself!

We are getting closer to being done seeded.  We are better off than alot of other farmers in the area.  Big D did go ahead and get the tractor and seeded stuck last night.  When he was explaining it to me there were a few cuss words used in his story!  I wish I would have gotten pictures.  They had to go down and get a tractor from his grandpa's house, and on they way back he had to go pull the hired man's tractor out which had gotten stuck while seeding, and then head back and pull his out.  There is never a dull moment around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment