Friday, May 7, 2010

Get your Grill On!

Ready?  Set. GRILL!

Even with our unpredictable, ever changing Montana weather, Big D and I use our grill pretty much year round.  Yes, our winter grilling is not as frequent as our summer grilling, but it still gets used.  I tell ya, I have shoveled snow off of sidewalk and from around our grill in order to get to it and use it in cold and icky weather?  Some may call me crazy, you may agree.  But you just can't beat a home grown grilled steak, in my opinion. 

Now, I am no expert and we like to experiment on the grill.  Here is a link to some guide lines I found on the Montana Beef Council webpage.  This handy dandy little chart gives you grill times for different cuts of meat depending on if you use charcoal grill or gas grill.  It contains some cool grilling tips such as marinating tips, cooking temperatures, seasoning tips, and much more.  It also gives you some tips on how to determin doneness. 

I wish I would have found this a long time ago.  I have already learned a thing or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment