Friday, May 7, 2010

BHS or Bust!!!!

The weather maybe rainy and dreary and snowing all around us, but there is a wonderful bright spot at the end of the tunnel.  This time next week I will be headed to the World Famous Bucking Horse Sale in Miles City! 

Whoop! Whoop! 

Man, I am getting all giddy just thinking about it.  Bucking Horse Sale, a sign that summer is on its way.  A place to catch up with friends you haven't seen all winter.  A weekend to run into people you haven't seen in years.  A time to meet new people from all kinds of cool places.  Wild Horse Racing.  A parade that just plain rocks.  The 7th Calvary Band, wow.  The BagPipers, wow.  The BagPipers and the 7th Calvary Band together, in the Bison Bar.  I get goosebumps thinking about it!  Cold Beer.  Betting on the horses.  Match Bronc Ride.  Watching those horses buck.  Man, I could go on forever.

Man....I Heart Bucking Horse Sale.

The crazy thing about it; I will have T and my 85 year old Grandpa Bob tagging along, and I am still super excited!  Grandpa said he couldn't remember the last time he was at a bucking horse sale, and really wanted to go.  So, I am taking him.  This will be the third Bucking Horse Sale I have taken T too, and she will just be 4 next fall.  There are lots of kids to play in the dirt with and she enjoys watching the horses.  Besides, she really really likes her Grandpa Bob, and he really really likes her, so it will be good as long as those two don't gang up on me!

The last couple of years we have had the team and wagon in the Bucking Horse Parade, for the Bison Bar.  It is still up in the air if we are this year, but will know shortly.

Awwww.... Bucking Horse Sale.  Did I mention how excited I am?

I shall have to look for some photos of years past to share with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment