Wednesday, April 27, 2016

It's That Time of Year!

It's that time of year, that time of year where Mother Nature can't make up her mind from day to day what season she'll drop in us.  

It's that time of year when horse hair is covering every glove, coat and work jeans you own.  


It's that time of year when baby bovines are being born!  I love calving season.   I love the new babies.  I love the sense of rebirth, starting over.  And I love the smile they bring to my kids and my face.  

Unfortunately, very little of my time has been spent tagging babies, or doing much of any spring work.  My time was spent having an unplanned surgery to remove my gallbladder and then of course on the recovery road 'taking it easy and healing'.  I don't sit still very well.  But, I feel a 1000 times better and am back to almost normal activity



Yes, its that time of year.  Time of year of new dreams, hopes and prayers.  And that time of year where you sit straddling a fence, trying to decide what your next plan of action you will attempt on that ticked of heifer in the corral.  





No comments:

Post a Comment