These days everyone has their own (usually strong) opinion on the Beef Checkoff system through NCBA. Below you will find read what MCA recommends for this nations Beef Checkoff.
MCA Submits Beef Checkoff Improvement Recommendations
1. Checkoff dollars be used to promote only U.S.A. beef from cattle born, raised, and processed in the United States of America.
2. A periodic vote on the checkoff program (every five years).
3. Prohibit any one cattle organization from serving as the "prime contractor" for the program, but allow all U.S. cattle organizations to participate in approved projects on a case-by-case basis.
4. Reform the Cattlemen's Beef Board to reflect proportional representation from all national cattle organizations.
5. Allow for checkoff expenditures to protect U.S.A. beef and cattle from unfair trade practices and to protect the U.S. cattle herd from import practices which threaten cattle herd health and beef consumers.
6. Allow checkoff expenditures to promote branded products from small and large packing entities.
7. Provide that 70% of all funds collected remain in the state where collected, and 30% to the national Cattlemen's Beef Board.
8. Provide an exemption for producers contributing equal or greater funds into a private sector self-help effort.
In addition, the MCA Board recommends any increase in the checkoff assessment fee not be considered unless or until the above recommendations are implemented.
What are your thoughts on the Beef Checkoff situation?
I found the above information on the MCA website