Friday, January 17, 2014

New Year, New Goals

 New year, new blog goals for 2014.  My goal is to post at least twice a week, heres to me succeeding! I have my posts half written or waiting to be edited, so I best get busy!

For now, I thought I would share something I wrote a long time ago.  Don't be too harsh, but let me know what you think.  I can't even remember when I wrote this or if something had happened to make me write this.  I just know that this poem has been in my old notebook of my writings through 8 moves and living in 3 states.  That's saying something because I loose everything.  Enjoy.





Hey Grandpa
Tana Hauso-Berwick

Hey Grandpa - How's it going up there?
     Been busy working and riding
     Never can seem to get ahead
I need to talk, got some time to spare?

So, Grandpa - The pastures, they green?
     Down heres its dry and brown
     I try to smile, make it through the day
It's hard for me Grandpa, I'm sure you've seen.

Tell me Grandpa - Do the horses run hard and true?
     Are you taking time to enjoy yourself?
     Found me a man, strong 'n kind
Hardworking 'n funny, reminds me of you.

Hey Grandpa - Warm enough? 20 below here.
     Starting to snow and grow colder
     I'm trying to be tough, just like you taught
I wonder, why did you have to go?

This is it Grandpa - time to say goodbye.
     It's not forever, just a long while.
     Just remember Grandpa, I love you 'n
Sometimes Cowgirls do need to cry.  










1 comment:

  1. So I had an oops and forget to include the email column in our Beauty Swap. Can you email me at crystalcattleblog@gmail.com so I can send your partner! I love your sunset picture.
    www.crystalcattle.com

    ReplyDelete