Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Fall is Upon Us

Fall is upon us, and harvest has been in full swing for way too long!  We are still (unfortunately) combining.  While this fall rain has been great for our pastures, it sure has put a big damper on getting our durum and wheat combined.  Ontop of that we are starting our second week of sugar beet harvest.  This is our first year raising sugar beets, and it has been quite the learning process.  They have been running crazy hours, so I haven't had a chance to get any pictures, but will do so as soon as I can.  We also have quite a bit of corn standing.  Hopefully thee combining of the corn goes better than last year, but I am not holding my breathe!  Of course, in between all of this, we must get calves vacinated, cows worked, and all bovines shipped home.  Oh, and have I mentioned that I am six months pregnant, so my helpfulness is at a minimum! 

No comments:

Post a Comment